2x Grammy® nominated, unmissable French titans Gojira have announced their eagerly-awaited return to Europe with an extensive tour January – March 2022.
The new dates, which will be split into two legs, feature special guests Alien Weaponry and Employed To Serve. The first leg kicks off Jan 17th in Finland and closes in France on Feb 9th, with the second leg picking up in The Netherlands on Feb 20th and wrapping in the UK on Mar 14th.
Tickets for the European run we on general sale at 5th July.
For all tickets and more information on Gojira’s live schedule visit www.gojira-music.com.
Gojira Europe 2022
with Alien Weaponary and Employed To Serve
- Mon 17th Jan – FINLAND – Helsinki, House Of Culture
- Wed 19th Jan – NORWAY – Oslo, Sentrum Scene
- Thu 20th Jan – SWEDEN – Stockholm, The Annex
- Sat 22nd Jan – DENMARK – Copenhagen, The Grey Hall
- Mon 24th Jan – GERMANY – Berlin, Huxleys
- Tue 25th Jan – CZECH REPUBLIC – Prague, Forum Karlin
- Thu 27th Jan – POLAND – Wroclaw, A2
- Fri 28th Jan – POLAND – Krakow, Tauron Arena
- Sat 29th Jan – HUNGARY – Budapest, Barba Negra Music Club
- Mon 31st Jan – CROATIA – Zagreb, Culture Factory
- Wed 2nd Feb – AUSTRIA – Vienna, Arena
- Fri 4th Feb – GERMANY – Munich, Neue Theaterfabrik
- Sat 5th Feb – SWITZERLAND – Zurich, Komplex
- Sun 6th Feb – ITALY – Milan, Alcatraz
- Tue 8th Feb – FRANCE – Lyon, Halle Tony Garnier
- Wed 9th Feb – FRANCE – Bordeaux, Arkea Arena
- Sun 20th Feb – THE NETHERLANDS – Tilburg, 013
- Tue 22nd Feb – GERMANY – Wiesbaden, Schlachthof
- Thu 24th Feb – GERMANY – Oberhausen, Turbinhalle 2
- Sat 26th Feb – FRANCE – Paris, Accor Arena
- Mon 28th Feb – BELGIUM – Brussels, Forest National
- Tue 1st Mar – LUXEMBOURG – Luxembourg, Rockhal
- Fri 4th Mar – UK – London, Alexandra Palace
- Sat 5th Mar – UK – Nottingham, Motorpoint Arena
- Sun 6th Mar – UK – Newcastle, City Hall
- Tue 8th Mar – UK – Glasgow, O2 Academy
- Thu 10th Mar – UK – Belfast, Ulster Hall
- Fri 11th Mar – IRELAND – Dublin, National Stadium
- Sun 13th Mar – UK – Manchester, O2 Victoria Warehouse
- Mon 14th Mar – UK – Cardiff, Motorpoint Arena
News of the tour follows the recent release of Gojira’s acclaimed new album FORTITUDE, which is available now on all streaming platforms. The powerful collection is highlighted by the singles Another World, Born For One Thing, Into The Storm, Amazonia, and most recently The Chant, a slow-burning track featuring some of Gojira’s most melodic material to date. The official music video for The Chant was written / conceived by the band’s own Joe Duplantier and directed by Russell Brownley. Filmed on location in India’s West Bengal region in December 2019, the cinematic video examines the plight of refugee children from Tibet who fled their homeland in an attempt to preserve their culture following China’s invasion of the country in 1949.
Furthermore, Gojira recently concluded a month-long fundraising initiative in support of the indigenous owned NGO The Articulation of Indigenous Peoples of Brazil (APIB) who advocate for environmental and cultural rights of indigenous tribes in the Amazon. Working with the social good-focused digital platform Propeller, the charitable campaign raised over $300K through an auction and raffle of one-of-a-kind items from the band and their friends in Metallica, Tool, Slipknot, Slayer, Slash and more. All proceeds are being donated to APIB to support their work aiding the indigenous tribes of the Amazon who have suffered immensely – victims of deforestation, land loss, forced labor, violence, and harassment.
Recorded and Produced by Joe Duplantier at Silver Cord Studio – Gojira’s Ridgewood, New York headquarters – and mixed by Andy Wallace (Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine), FORTITUDE is Gojira’s first album in five years and the follow-up to 2016’s Grammy® nominated LP MAGMA. A collection of songs urging humanity to imagine a new world—and then make it happen, FORTITUDE has been earning widespread critical praise around the world, including The Guardian, Kerrang!, Metal Hammer, Clash, Upset, Prog, Rock Sound, NME, Classic Rock, Total Guitar, and more just in the UK, as well as clinching the band their highest chart positions to date, across the globe.
Gojira treat heavy music as a living and breathing entity, morphing, transforming, and changing in each iteration. After 2016’s MAGMA crashed the Top 25 of the Billboard Top 200, the history-making French band garnered a pair of 2017 Grammy® nominations, including “Best Rock Album” and “Best Metal Performance” for Silvera. Revolver cited its 2012 predecessor L’Enfant Sauvage as #2 among the “25 Best Albums of the 2010s.” Meanwhile, Rolling Stone named their 2005 breakthrough From Mars To Sirius one of “The 100 Greatest Metal Albums of All Time.” Handpicked to open for Metallica by none other than frontman James Hetfield, they have toured with Slayer, Slipknot, and more in addition to headlining tours and festivals around the world. The group’s latest, seventh full-length album, Fortitude, sees them push the envelope as they change heavy music once again.