Love a bit of slightly dated but gloriously imaginative original psychedelic rock? Then you are going to adore Think Pink... Mention the name 'Twink' to music fans over the age of 50 or so, and unfortunately even from that demographic 90% will probably say 'Twink who?' Their loss and the other 10%'s gain, however, as..
Duo is not only an excellent compilation of mid-‘90s Pink Fairies, but also an excellent introduction to the band for those unfamiliar with them. Ah, the Pink Fairies. A group with a curious status in the history of rock. Everybody knows the name but not everyone could name an album by them, and some might..
...absolutely full-on, pure and unvarnished Pink Fairies, as they immediately shift into gear and drive right through your forehead This is an odd one conceptually - but extremely welcome in its content! The name this hangs on is the Pink Fairies, naturally, but the common denominator here is actually guitarist Andy Colquhoun, who joined the..
To those not around at the time, it’s difficult to explain just what made the Pink Fairies great. Musically they were a multiple car crash involving psychedelia, heavy metal, MC5 proto-punk and hints of prog. With a big sense of humour and a lot of drugs. Did I mention the drugs? They did like the..